From my Texas Christmas Vacation…(in no order really…)
12. Caroling with the Small Group families.
11. Surviving the Chewy adventure…He was my bed-fellow for most of the trip. While I dream of having a puppy..I would not choose one like Chewy! 10. Food. Over the week We had 2 stellar dinners out: one at the Keg (an incredible steak house with yummy seafood!) and one at Esparzas (mexican food…a must-have when in Texas). Another highlight was my progressive lunch: Strawberry Limeade from Sonic, Muchaco and Party Burrito from Taco Bueno, Steak & Shake Fries, and an orange sherbet freeze from Brahms. Really…why is all the good fast food in Texas?
9. Being crafty with Maggie and mom…we made ornaments, aprons, and even did a mass production of shower invitations.
8. Seeing Robyn, Charissa, and Abigail. We were missing Carissa and her crew…but it was fun to catch up.
7. Games. I LOVE games and we played Bunco, Mexican Train Game, and Dice. A whole afternoon of games!!!
6. Superb presents: stamps, shower curtain, scrapbook stuff, dishes, perfume, jewelry…all things I thoroughly enjoy!
5. Church at Peace. We went 3 times…and I loved every minute of it. I know so few people any more…but it is really great to visit. To hug kids I used to babysit, to talk with youth I took on mission trips who are in college, to see friends who I only get to see on christmas eve. I like Christmas being on a Monday! 🙂
4. Making Holiday treats with my family. This year we made snowmen, chocolate covered cherries, and pecan clusters (that could break your teeth off). It was a small sampling this year…but we’re all watching our waistlines expand and decided to back off on the sugar!
3. Beef Tenderloin. Never had it before…am now completely in love. see the burnt stove cover. That was our only Christmas cooking tragedy this year.
2. Looking at Christmas lights in Dallas in all the swanky neighborhoods. This was our second year to venture into the big D for Christmas lights…but we weren’t disappointed. The houses are amazing and the lights are beautiful.
1. Being with my family for Christmas yet again. I am so blessed to be in a church that is okay with me travelling home for Christmas. It is the only time this year that I made it to Texas, and I was very glad I made the trip!